I've got a solution to this candy overload. Make cookies!
You've seen M&M cookies, so why not Kit-Kat cookies? Reese's cookies? Whopper cookies? Maybe Kit-Kat, Reese's, M&Ms and Whoppers in one cookie!
Just follow this recipe then add any candy of your choice.
Cookie recipe modified from Cake Boss: Stories and Recipes from Mia Famiglia:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup light-brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
candy of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put butter, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer. Paddle at medium speed until ingredients come together.
- Add eggs one at a time. Add flour and mix until thoroughly integrated.
- Chop the candy that will be used for the cookies and mix into batter.
- Spoon batter into baking trays covered with parchment paper.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
I used Whoppers, Reese’s, chocolate M&Ms and peanut butter M&Ms. I also placed some batter in a separate bowl before adding all the candy to make different cookies.
Whopper cookies, Whopper and M&M’s cookies, Reese’s cookies, Reese’s and peanut butter M&Ms cookies.
What’s your favorite Halloween candy?