Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Eat my...Chocolate Pie


The Help has been receiving much recognition. As of last week, I hadn't seen it. The night before the Oscar's I made it a movie night to watch The Help. Then I understood the popularity of this movie. A story about respect, dreams, friendships and...food. I was cheering for The Help throughout the awards show. Unfortunately, they didn't win best movie but congrats to Octavia Spencer for Best Supporting Actress. My favorite part of the movie was when Minny told Hilly "Eat my shit," as Hilly ate her pie. As soon as that scene happened, I knew what my next blog post was about...Chocolate Pie!



The chocolate pie recipe is from my Taste of Home recipe cards. The Chocolate Silk Pie is a baked pie crust, creamy chocolate pudding, and a layer of whipped cream. I skipped on the thick layer of whipped cream. In my opinion, I thought just a dollop of whipped cream was sufficient.

Chocolate Pie
1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches) (I made my own from my Cake Boss book)
1 jar (7oz) marshmallow creme
1 cup (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter, cubed
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped

Optional
Whipping Cream
Chocolate curls

1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.

2. Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine the marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, butter, unsweetened chocolate and coffee; cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool. Fold in whipped cream; pour into crust.




3. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls if desired.


After watching The Help, I was also inspired in making these sugar cookies with royal icing decoration. Hope you like them!




No comments:

Post a Comment